Many people suffering from depression have found CBD to be a great addition to their supplement regimen because of its proven ability to reduce inflammation and pain, along with influencing the chemical processes in the body that help to elevate mood. More and more studies are coming out giving clearer understanding as to WHY many are reporting that cannabinoids have improved health. To date, there are close to 3,000 CBD related articles published in research search engines, a great majority are associated with CBD’s influence on quality of life. It is estimated that 350 million people suffer from depression globally, making it the leading cause of disability worldwide. Human studies have given indication about the safety and benefits of CBD in those with significant neurological conditions. Recent animal studies show the effect of CBD on receptors and neurotransmitters associated with depression including serotonin, dopamine, GABA, and many more.
CBD influences the following pathways:
Are you suffering from depression?
Here is information about depression.
Types of Depression
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)— Mood disorder that typically starts late fall/early winter and goes away in the spring or summer.
- Major Depressive Disorder — Constant inability to enjoy life for more than 2 weeks.
- Persistent Depressive Disorder— A combination of mild depressive symptoms for 2 years or more.
- Bipolar disorder or manic depression— Depression with rapid mood changes, often accompanied by hyperactivity, impulsive behavior, rapid speech, and insomnia.
Causes of Depression:
- Abuse — physical, sexual, or emotional
- Conflict — with family, friends or loved ones
- Loss — such as death of a loved one
- Major transitions or life events
- Serious illness
- Stress — chronic stress is one of the leading causes of depression
- Substance abuse
- Nutrient deficiency
Symptoms of Depression
No two people are the same, examples include:
- Tired and unable to concentrate or suppress negative thoughts
- Hopelessness and lethargy
- Difficulty making decisions or remember things
- Significant weight fluctuation and sleep issues
- Low self-worth, guilt, or shame
- Short temper and irritability
- Potential reckless behavior, suicidal thoughts and actions
NuLeaf Multi Cannabinoid oil contains equal ratios of CBC, CBN, CBD, and CBG to natually balance our own bodies endocannabinoid system.
The many ways that cannabinoids improve quality of life:
Other ways to combat depression:
Naturopathic healthcare is a holistic approach that addresses the many aspects of health to improve quality of life.
- Try to get daily sun exposure to support the skins ability to create happy making vitamin D.
- Consume Omega 3 essential fats to increase concentration of ‘bliss molecules’ created in our body.
- Consume adequate protein to obtain amino acids that are building blocks of neurotransmitters that improve mood.
- Consume B12 food sources and consider supplementing optimal forms of B vitamins, especially if you consume alcohol or medications that deplete these nutrients.
- Include stress reduction techniques, along with physical activity such as yoga and walking at least 30 minutes a day to flood the brain with mood elevating molecules such as, endocannabinoids, dopamine, serotonin, GABA, and more.
- Visit a naturopathic doctor for personalized help with addressing the many factors that improve mood.
Wishing you and yours the best of health.
About the author:
Dr Tiffanie A Jones is a medically trained Naturopathic doctor. A graduate of Bastyr University in Seattle, WA. Her mission is to offer science-based, holistic approaches that improve vitality and quality of life. Dr Jones also provides training to CBD staff about the latest cannabis research.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information provided or use of these products is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.